St. Johns Riverkeeper and the Riverside Arts Market are partnering to host the third annual River Ruckus to raise a ruckus for the river. River Ruckus is a family festival that shows Jacksonville our River is more than a scenic view. It is a recreational asset to this city that should be respected, protected and enjoyed.
Throughout the day, activities include a kayak flotilla that will accompany swimmers as a part of Jumping Fish’s Up the River – Downtown with support from Black Creek Outfitters, dragon boat races, free boat rides with Freedom Boat Club Jacksonville & St. Augustine, Marine Science Education educational boat trips with the Jacksonville University research vessel “Larkin”, SUP board lessons with All Wet Sports, SUP Yoga, a fishing clinic on with Chicopit Bay and Celebrity River Jump.
Plus live entertainment all day.
And did we mention craft beer from Sweet Water Brewing Company served 10 a.m.-4 p.m.?
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS (updated as of August 24)
• 9-10 a.m.—Standup Paddleboard (SUP) yoga, offered by All Wet Sports
• 10 a.m.-4 p.m.—Free boat tours from Freedom Boat Club
• 10 a.m.–4 p.m.—SUP lessons, offered by All Wet Sports
• 10 a.m.–4 p.m.—Watergun Fun (held at RAM’s Hill Top Stage)
• 11 a.m.—Dragonboat Race on the River: First Heat
• 11 a.m.– 1 p.m.—Educational boat tours led by Jacksonville University’s Marine Science Research Institute scientists
• 11:30 p.m.‚—Arrival of Up the River Downtown 2015 open water swimmers, led by Jumping Fish, and kayak flotilla, led by Black Creek Outfitters
• 1-2 p.m.—Celebrity River Jump
• 2-3 p.m.—Inshore Kayak Fishing 101,” taught by Rory Gregg with Chicopit Bay (held at RAM’s Roundhouse Stage)
• 3 p.m.—Dragonboat Race on the River: Second Heat
• 3:30 p.m.—Raffle drawing for custom 9.5-foot Perception Tribe kayak donated by Sweet Water Brewing Company (Riverfront Stage)
Plus live entertainment on the River Stage all day. Check our website for details and info on other market activities: http://www.riversideartsmarket.com